Thanks for stopping by.. Don't forget to follow.. Grab my button..

Friday, August 17, 2012

Great Idea...

I have found this wonderful picture while surfing Pinterest.
This is great for teaching the letters and sounds and here are some ideas I have:
1) You can ask kids to pick some stones and bring them to class (be carefull!!! Do that with a good class - you don't want them to start throwing the stones at each other) then ask them to write a letter or a word in each stone. (They can collect the stones in a jar or their pencil case, and so every time you teach a new letter they can add a stone untill they collect all 26).
2) With the letters on the stones ask them to make up some words. That can be done as a game. For example if I say a word and the first one to complete the word is the winner.
3) Ask them to order the stones according to the alphabet.
4) In groups, ask them to write sentences.
5) You can also have them write capital and lower case letters on each stone (from both sides of the stone).
I am sure there are many more ideas, so please feel free to leave a comment with your idea!
Oh.... and don't forget to follow me on Pinterest!







 

No comments:

Post a Comment