Thanks for stopping by.. Don't forget to follow.. Grab my button..

Friday, September 21, 2012

ESL Video

This is just the tool we need to connect  and engage the students with the learning process of English.

Today's students spend hours using various media, such as: television, computers, mobile phones, music players and so on. With ESL Video they can be taught through songs, movies and video clips.

The tool is designed so that you will be able to upload any kind of video (which can be provided  by YouTube for example) and create a variety of exercises using the video. You can create multiple choice questions or sentences completion (close questions).
Students watch the video with pleasure and joy. 

This is a new kind of learning! Certainly we can't do these lessons very often, but we can surely add them to our weekly or monthly plans.
Take a look at some of the activities I've created for my students:


In this activity, I've used the first of six  funny, nice, easy to watch episodes (from Oxford University Press - there are a variety of ESL videos to choose from).
The students watch the show and then they answer the questions. It can be given as homework as well.

In this Angry Birds activity, which is basically a writing assignment - I wanted the students to watch the game's trailer and answer some questions before they star writing. I thought it would help them better understand the assignment and make the task more entertaining.
Here I used a funny video clip from YouTube and wanted to make a fun lesson (we had a blast trying to imitate the hippo).
So we listened the the song and then answered the questions about it.
Another song I've used was What a Wonderful World (I used it with the older students - grade 6) 

An important thing I lacked in my explanation is that there is a wonderful option to check the answers of the students (let's say if you give it as homework) and keep track on who did the homework and how many correct answers he got, simply log in to your ESL Video account, go to students score and there you see who submitted the work and who didn't.
See the example:
Note: You have to have a teacher code first and you MUST give it to your students. Once they answer and want to send the task, they will have to fill in your code.
That is really so easy to use and so nice:)
I love it! How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment