Thanks for stopping by.. Don't forget to follow.. Grab my button..

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Enhance your pupil's reading by using a fun game - Bluster!


Hello all,

Finally I get to sit and write a bit on my 'well forgotten' blog. I am so sorry for not writing lately (about 6 months, but who counts?!) although I had wanted and planned to do so often I just couldn't find the right time.

Anyhow I am here now and writing.
As you can tell (or not) I have changed the font on the blog, as some of you didn't like the 'old' one or said it was hard to read. Hopefully this one is better (?).

I have recently downloaded an app called bluster! on my ipad and would like to recommend it to all of  you out there. It is a completely free app with a lot of value to the progress of reading especially to our esl/efl students.

Okay so the pupil opens Bluster!




There are 3 empty rectangles and a list of 18-24 words.
The pupil is required to read the words and to choose 3 rhyming words and to drag them into the rectangles.

 
You know if the pupil reads correctly and/or what are his/her mistakes by looking at the words he/she drags and the time it takes to drag them.

2 more great features are:
1) Playing in a team mode, meaning a team plays against another team . The teams share the same 3 rectangles.
2) Playing in a versus mode, meaning playing as individuals or as a group against another individual or group. The difference is that there are 6 rectangles (3 for each group) and the game is timed.
 
So give Bluster! a chance and please let me know what you think of it, what your pupils think of it and how you integrate the game in class.

Till next time (hopefully it won't take 6 months)

No comments:

Post a Comment