Thanks for stopping by.. Don't forget to follow.. Grab my button..

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Classroom Makeover :)

I have been working on changing the appearance of the English room in my school for more than 6 months. I had so many ideas and things to buy.
Finally with all kind of changes here are the results:
This is the 'teachers corner' where pupils can 'send' letters and use the pockets to 'send' them to us.




This is the poster I've created for 'Our Stars Week Award'. Every week or two, we choose a star from each class, take his/her picture and paste it onto their class (in the small square). Then we have a poster with real pictures of our STARS pupils.

Too bad I didn't take a picture of the three cupboards before the makeover. They were really ugly. Kind of gray and old.
We colored them and that is how it turned out to be:

Then I added some letters to decorate them.

Coming up with a library for the English room was so difficult! I didn't have a clue for how difficult it would be!
So, I have started organizing the books (haven't finished yet) and labeling the books and dictioranries took a lot of time. (also I added my football collection with real signatures - the children LOVE them)
The cleaning company didn't show up so I had to clean myself :(

At last the sofas have arrived!!

I am still waiting for the round table to go in the library...
This is the Reading Comprehension and Vocabulary corner.
Each pocket is for a different grade and it holds laminated worksheets for the students to work individually.


View to the Writing corner.



I've also created a fun corner for young learners to play with letters.
I have bought a white board and hung it to the wall. I put those fun sofas around the board for the kids to sit on and also provided them with a lot of letters magnet so they can form words, sentences or names....


More pictures to come when the room is done!
Stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. Very cute blog and a cute classroom,wish you a happy and active school year and hope to keep in touch

    Lusine
    Enjoy Teaching English

    ReplyDelete