Thanks for stopping by.. Don't forget to follow.. Grab my button..

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Voki :)


Let's discuss Voki!!!


I think that this application is awesome. A great tool for teaching second language.
There are so many ideas and so many things to do using Voki – It is unbelievable.
One of the ideas I had is using Voki to teach body-parts or at least review the new vocabulary.
Another idea I had is using Voki for oral practice. Recording yourself and listening to it makes it a good practice.
You can see the exercise by clicking on the Voki icon. 
I also use Voki in my assignment for students who are facing difficulties in reading. That way they can listen to me instead of struggling with the reading. See an example in my DrawSomething activity.

I haven't started mentioning the students' enthusiasm when it comes to Voki.
They just LOVE it! They love creating all the different characters, making some imaginary UFOs, animals and more…
I believe that by recording your voice the students can improve many things. For example:
They listen to what they say and can easily correct a pronunciation mistake.
They can also practice a dialogue for class or practice telling a story.
Of course there are many other ways for recording, such as the Sound Recorder on your PC (start menu – all programs – accessories – sound recorder) but what can I say… I love Voki. I think it is more enjoyable and interesting to watch and listen. Moreover, the Voki character can be embedded to any forum, blog, site etc… which makes it easy to use and easy to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment