Thanks for stopping by.. Don't forget to follow.. Grab my button..

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Puppet Exchange

So, my pupils and I take part in a very cute project where the kids need to make a puppet figure and write about themselves on the back of the puppet.
I started the project with my 5th graders. I have asked them to bring old fabric, markers, glitters, scissors, glue, yarn, stickers, art supplies and more (I had all kinds of things in my English room as well for the kids to use).
We used this puppet model that I've created:
First I showed them an example I made and also an example of what they should write.
The kids worked very nicely and here are some pictures to prove it :)







I believe that when the kids write in English doing a fun activity, something they are not tested on  - they feel more free and relax. This is when we let their creativity show and really can tell what they learn, where their mistakes are and most importantly get to know them better :) 


My 6th graders take part in the same project, although we send hands and feet instead of the puppet.
I divided the class into two groups: the hands and the feet. I handed out those templates (I created them as well)
The feet group had to write about a place you can travel/visit/enjoy in Israel.
The hand group had to write about things that can be done in Israel (such as ski, vacation, eat, buy, etc).
They also were given instructions and examples.
I need to take some pictures of the hands and feet to post soon...:)

Thanks to Orly Winer, the creator of the project, we had a very nice adventure that includes writing and looking up new words and improving our English skills!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment